From classic side dishes of garden peas to flavoursome stir-fry mixes and crispy roast potatoes, Green Isle makes good food decisions easy. Green Isle wants to make sure you’re one step ahead for the most anticipated dinner of the year and take the hassle out of cooking this Christmas!
The Green Isle range of vegetable and potato sides saves you time on meal preparation, as all the chopping and slicing has been done for you. This will ensure that Christmas day in your house is as stress-free as possible, and you’ll feel like a champion in your kitchen.
Green Isle Ambassador Derval O’Rourke commented: “As a busy mum, I always choose Green Isle. The fruit and vegetables are picked at their peak and frozen at their freshest, locking in nutrition. From stir fries to smoothies. Green Isle helps my family to eat well! I’ll be stocking up on everything I need ahead of the festive season in order make the preparation on Christmas Day as stress-free as possible.”
Mairead Walsh, Marketing Manager Green Isle commented: “For generations, Irish families have trusted Green Isle to put good food on their tables. We’re more than just a food company, we’re a good company and we’re committed to making it easy to eat well and live greener. To some people, Green Isle may just be the reliable pack in your freezer but dig a little deeper and you’ll realise that there’s much more to us than that. From sustainable packaging to tackling food waste, and ensuring our products are as nutritious as possible, we want to create an Ireland where everyone can eat better and live greener. That’s goodness for all.”
Green Isle Potato Croquettes RRP €4.00 – Delicious mashed potato, rolled in a golden breadcrumb coating. Pop them in the oven or air fryer. Ready in 15-20 minutes. Potato perfection every time!
Green Isle Roast Potatoes RRP €4.00 - Made with the finest potatoes, all you have to do is pop them in the oven and roast to a golden crisp finish! A classic potato side for all the family.
Why not try your hand at some of the delicious festive recipes from Green Isle below:
Potato Croquettes with Blue Cheese Dip, Cranberries and Walnuts
Total time: 30 minutes
• 1 x bag Green Isle Potato Croquettes
• 50g dried cranberries, roughly chopped
• 50g walnuts, toasted
• 1 tbsp. fresh chives, chopped
For the blue cheese dip:
• 150g sour cream
• 50g mayonnaise
• 75g blue cheese, crumbled
• ½ tbsp. white wine vinegar
• 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
• Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
1. Cook the Green Isle Croquettes according to the on-pack instructions and whilst they are cooking, make the blue cheese dip.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, mix the sour cream, mayonnaise, white wine vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, seasoning and most of the blue cheese (keep some for the garnish) together until smooth and set aside.
3. Place the walnuts into a dry pan and set over a medium heat to toast. Dry fry for 5 minutes, or until the nuts start to smell toasty and fragrant then remove from the heat and coarsely chop.
4. When the Croquettes are cooked, place them into a serving dish and drizzle the blue cheese dip over them. Crumble over the remaining blue cheese and lastly sprinkle the cranberries, toasted walnuts and chives over the croquettes dish.
Roast Potatoes with Caramelised Onions, Crispy Bacon and Sage
Total time: 40 minutes
• 1 x bag Green Isle Roast Potatoes
• 2 red onions, cut into wedges
• 4 rashers smoked streaky bacon, chopped into bite sized pieces
• Handful of sage leaves
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C / 200°C fan.
2. Place the Green Isle Roast Potatoes on a large baking tray and add red onion wedges.
3. Place the tray into the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
4. After 15 minutes turn the potatoes and onions and add the bacon bits.
5. Cook for a further 15 minutes, or until the potatoes and bacon are crisp and piping hot throughout.
6. Scatter the sage leaves over the tray and bake for a final 5 minutes.
7. Serve to the table in a large bowl with a little seasoning on top.
Christmas Buttered Garden Peas and Leeks
• 4 tbsp. butter
• 2 leeks, white and pale green parts only, thinly sliced
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 85ml white wine
• 2 heads of Little Gem lettuce, shredded
• 450g Green Isle Garden Peas
• 100ml chicken or vegetable stock
• 2 tbsp. finely chopped chives
• 2 tbsp. finely chopped parsley
• Zest of ½ a lemon
• 50g toasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
1. Melt butter in a large wide saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the leeks and cook stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes until tender.
2. Season well with salt and pepper then pour in the white wine. Cook until the wine has reduced by ½ and then add the lettuce, peas, and chicken stock.
3. Partially cover the pan and bring to a simmer. Cook at a gentle simmer until the lettuce and peas are tender, which should take about 5 minutes.
4. Remove from the heat, then stir in the herbs and lemon zest. Serve scattered with the toasted hazelnuts.
Shredded Sprouts with Bacon, Cranberries & Pumpkin Seeds
• 450g Green Isle Brussels Sprouts
• 1 tbsp. olive oil
• 50g butter
• 200g smoked streaky bacon, cut into lardons
• 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
• ½ tsp. chilli flakes
• 1 stalk rosemary, leaves stripped and finely chopped
• 50g cranberries, roughly chopped
• 50g pumpkin seeds, toasted
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, finely chopped
• Zest of ½ an orange
1. Place the Green Isle Brussels Sprouts into a pan of boiling water. Cover, bring back to the boil and simmer for 3 minutes then drain and cool. Once cool, shred the sprouts, place into a bowl, and set aside.
2. Heat the oil and butter in a large frying pan or wok and when melted, add the bacon lardons, and cook until crisp. Remove the bacon from the pan and add the garlic, chilli flakes and rosemary.
3. Cook for 30 seconds then add the shredded sprouts into the pan.
4. Season well with salt and pepper and toss to combine everything.
5. Cook for another 4 minutes until the sprouts have softened then add back in the crispy bacon to the pan along with the cranberries and pumpkin seeds.
6. Stir to combine and leave to cook for 1 minute to warm everything through. Enjoy!
Polar Bear Berry Cupcakes
Serves: Makes 12
Total time: 50 minutes
For the cupcakes:
• 125g butter, at room temperature
• 140g caster sugar
• 1 tsp vanilla essence
• 2 eggs
• 300g self-raising flour
• 125ml fresh orange juice
• Zest of 1 orange
• 200 grams Green Isle frozen Mixed Berries
For the icing:
• 200g white chocolate
• 275g softened butter
• 275g icing sugar
• 6 white sandwich biscuits
• 200g white chocolate, melted
• 24 white chocolate buttons
• 48 mini marshmallows
• Chocolate writing icing
• Desiccated coconut
1. Preheat oven to 180°C / 160°C fan and line a 12-muffin tin with muffin cases.
2. Using an electric hand mixer, beat the butter, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl until pale and creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition until well combined. Fold in the flour and orange juice and then fold in the Green Isle frozen Mixed Berries.
3. Spoon the mixture evenly among the paper cases and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool completely before icing.
4. For the icing, melt the white chocolate in a Bain-Marie. Beat together the butter and icing sugar for 10 minutes until very pale and creamy then beat in the white chocolate.
5. To assemble: Cut the sandwich biscuits in half and dip into the melted white chocolate to cover then set aside to cool slightly. Whilst they are still a little sticky, stick 2 white chocolate buttons to the curved side of the sandwich biscuits to make ‘ears’ for your polar bear.
6. With the chocolate writing icing pipe paws onto 24 of the mini marshmallows for your bears feet. When the chocolate has set on the sandwich biscuits pipe eyes and a nose onto your bears.
7. Ice the cupcakes with the white chocolate icing and then dip into desiccated coconut to cover the icing. Place a bear’s face into the centre of the icing and attach 2 marshmallow feet and 2 marshmallow arms. Repeat until they are all finished and enjoy!
With a great range of Green Isle products to choose from every day, add variety to your plates throughout the year without having to compromise on goodness or taste and stock up your freezer with some family favourites available in supermarkets nationwide.
See www.GreenIsle.ie for more information and recipe inspiration.
Slán go fóill.