Three young Irish superstars were announced this evening during a special Late Late Show reveal as the lead character of Nell in RTÉ’s Toy Show The Musical.
Ceola Dunne, Clare Keely and Doireann McNally auditioned along with hundreds of girls from all across Ireland in June this year to play the lead role in this brand-new, original Irish musical at The Convention Centre Dublin, opening December 10th, 2022.
The girls join the already announced adult cast of Jamie Beamish, Clare Barrett, and Anna Healy, with full company rehearsals starting at the end of October. Finding new Irish talent has been a priority for the team behind the Musical, along with casting director Maureen Hughes, and with Ceola, Clare and Doireann, they know they’ve found Ireland’s next stars!
Ceola Dunne is 10 yrs old.
• She lives in Dunsany, Co. Meath.
• She goes to the Acting Academy in Dunshaughlin, Co. Meath
• She plays Gaelic football and goes to a Gaelscoil
• Ceola played the little girl in Evita at the National Concert Hall and sang with the National Symphony Orchestra back in June. She cried the next day as she didn’t want it to be over.
• Clare Keely is 12 yrs old
• She lives in Craigavon, Co Armagh
• She is part of Stagebox
• She is a Junior Eurovision Semi-Finalist in 2022
• Clare says: ‘This is a dream come true. I am so delighted to be joining this amazing production.’
• Doireann McNally is 11 years old
• She is from Dundalk, Co. Louth.
• Doireann got to sing on the Toy Show when she was 8 years old. She was the “Tiny Dancer” in the Elton John medley.
• She has also performed on the Late Late Show twice, first in 2020 as Irish Women in Harmony’s child soloist on their Christmas single Together at Christmas.
• Doireann says that getting to play Nell is “Amazing! Better than getting an elephant for Christmas!…… Which would be epic!”
Speaking about the casting of Ceola, Clare & Doireann, Toy Show The Musical Executive Producers Jane Murphy and Katherine Drohan said, “These young girls are extraordinary; they each embody Nell’s character from head to toe. It’s honestly like they were born to play this role. Singing, acting, dancing, and acting the maggot…. all at once!”
About Toy Show, The Musical
On the eve of the Late Late Toy Show, twelve-year-old Nell Mooney is determined to recreate her Mam’s favourite Toy Show night traditions, but not everyone in her family wants to remember the past. Disaster strikes, and with the entire Toy Show in jeopardy, Nell and the local kids must find a way to save the night and keep everyone’s favourite TV show alive. Full of characters, comedians, and storytellers, join Nell, her little brother Luan, Dad, Nana and Mam beneath the light of the moon as an ordinary Irish town comes together on this most extraordinary and unique Toy Show night.
The Late Late Toy Show has become a singular phenomenon in modern Irish culture. Much more than a television show, the night itself heralds the official ‘start of Christmas’ across Ireland when generations watch together for a truly special celebration of children, great toys and much more!
In keeping with the Toy Show, Toy Show the Musical will be as accessible to audiences as possible, so there will be several ISL-signed and sensory-friendly performances. All shows have dedicated wheelchair spaces.
Toy Show The Musical will run from December 10th, 2022, in The Auditorium, The Convention Centre, Dublin. Tickets are priced from €25. For further information and to purchase tickets, go to www.rte.ie/toyshowthemusical
Slán go fóill.