School’s out and summer has officially begun! Time to stock the freezer for the summer season with the very best frozen food from Green Isle and enjoy the convenience of having nutritious vegetables and fruit on hand for quick and easy meals for those long summer days while the kids are at home!
From yummy breakfasts and healthy snacks to delicious lunch options and cool down treats, Green Isle has put together a range of summer inspired recipes that are quick, easy and full of goodness for all the family to enjoy including the little ones! Full of colour and an easy way to include more fruit and veg on the plates this season, check out www.greenisle.ie and choose from a selection of great tasting child-friendly summer recipes.
The Green Isle range of vegetables and fruit are carefully selected, picked at their peak and frozen at their freshest to lock in vitamins, minerals and flavour The Green Isle range including Mixed Berries, Garden Peas, Sweetcorn and more contain all the nutrition of fresh vegetables and fruits. Quick, easy and convenient, with Green Isle you can use what you need, save time on preparation, while helping reduce food waste too!
With a great range of Green Isle products to choose from, add variety to your little ones’ plate this summer without having to compromise on goodness or taste and stock up your freezer with some family favourites available in supermarkets nationwide including;
Green Isle Garden Peas 450g – RRP €1.69 or mix and match any 2 packs for €2.50. Green Isle Garden Peas are packed full of nutritional goodness and are a great source of folic acid. Frozen at their freshest, locking in all nutrients, Green Isle Garden Peas are perfect for summer salads or side dishes. Vegan friendly and contain no artificial colours, flavours or preservatives, each 80g portion counts as 1 of your 5 a day!
Green Isle Mixed Berries – RRP €3.00 – High in vitamin C and a good source of folic acid, the Green Isle Mixed Berries range are picked at their peak and frozen at their freshest. Ideal for breakfast, cool down snacks, smoothies and seasonal desserts.
Green Isle Mini Corn on the Cob – RRP €3.00 – Green Isle Mini Corn on the Cob are super sweet and full of nature’s goodness. The perfect tea-time treats, a summer side dish and suitable for the BBQ, Green Isle Mini Corn on the Cob is a great source of fibre, vegan friendly and count towards your 5 a day.
Green Isle Mixed Berry Ice Lollies
Serves Makes 6 ice lollies
300 grams Green Isle Frozen Mixed Berries, plus 20 grams
4 tablespoons maple syrup
150 grams coconut yogurt, divided
Toasted nuts, chopped chocolate and fresh fruit, to serve
• Place the Green Isle Mixed Frozen Berries into a high speed blender and add the maple syrup and 50 ml of cold water. Blend until smooth then remove half of the mixture and divide it between 6 lolly moulds, making sure to push it right down to the bottom of the mould.
• Add 75 grams coconut yoghurt to the mixture remaining in the blender and blend again to combine.
• Divide this mixture between the lolly moulds, placing it on top of the first mixture and then add lolly sticks to all of the moulds.
• Place in the freezer for at least 4 hours, or overnight if you have the time.
• When ready to serve, blend 20 grams of Green Isle Frozen Mixed Berries with the remaining 75 grams coconut yoghurt and then drizzle over the ice lollies. Sprinkle over your desired toppings and eat straight away.
Green Isle Sweetcorn Fritters with Avocado, Chilli & Lime Yogurt
For the fritters
380 grams Green Isle Sweetcorn Kernels
200 grams chickpea/gram flour
½ tsp baking powder
25 grams coriander leaves, finely chopped
2 spring onions, finely chopped
1 red chilli, finely chopped, deseeded for less spice
60 ml cold water
Olive oil, for frying
For the lime yogurt
150 grams greek yogurt
Zest and juice of 1 lime
1 avocado, finely sliced
1 red chilli, finely sliced
Salt and pepper, to taste
• Pre-heat the oven to 120 C / 100 C fan / Gas Mark 1.
• Place the Green Isle Sweetcorn into boiling water. Cover, bring back to the boil and simmer for 2 minutes then drain and set aside.
• Place 350 grams of the sweetcorn into a large bowl and add the rest of the ingredients, except for the olive oil, then mix well to combine.
• Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Take a large spoonful of the mixture and place into the pan - you should be able to cook 3 fritters at a time.
• Cook the fritters in the oil over a medium heat for 3 minutes on each side, or until golden and crisp. Drain on kitchen paper and then transfer to the preheated oven to keep warm.
• Repeat this process until all of the mixture has been used up.
• To make the lime yoghurt, mix the yogurt, lime zest and juice together along with a pinch of salt.
• Serve the warm fritters with the lime yogurt, remaining 30 grams sweetcorn, sliced avocado and chilli and some coriander leaves. We love to serve ours with some Mexican hot sauce and lime wedges.
Green Isle Garden Peas, Garlic & Chilli Pasta
Serves: Serves 4
250 grams Farfalle pasta
150 grams Green Isle Frozen Peas
100 ml olive oil
3 large garlic cloves, finely sliced
Pinch chilli flakes (optional)
Zest of 1 lemon
Salt and pepper
• Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions, adding the peas 3 minutes before the end of the cooking time and then drain.
• Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat and gently fry the garlic and chilli flakes until just turning golden.
• Add the lemon zest to the cooked pasta and peas and season well with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
• Dress with parmesan and basil, serve immediately.
For delicious summer recipes visit www.greenisle.ie
Slán go fóill,