Strawberry Jam 'Thumbprint' Biscuits | Recipe
If you’re looking for a simple bake, with great taste, that you can rustle up in less than a half an hour, then these soft bake biscuits are just the thing you need.
Whether you’re baking with little ones, or by yourself, these are super fun to make.. and even better to taste. Lightly crispy on the outside and crumbly soft on the inside with a generous jam filling, these 'thumbprint' biscuits are simply a must try!
Prep time: 15mins
Cooking time: 12-15mins
200g Butter unsalted (softened)
200g Caster Sugar
320g Plain White Flour
1 Egg (medium)
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
Half tsp Baking powder
Half tsp Salt
50g Raspberry/Strawberry jam
Method; • Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
• Line 2 large baking trays with non-stick baking parchment paper. • Beat together the softened butter (I personally half melt the butter in the microwave, but that's just for convenience, some people don't want the lingering aroma of melted butter so softened works well too) sugar and vanilla until pale and fluffy. • Add in the beaten egg and mix until combined before adding the flour, baking powder and salt.
• Mix together until a soft dough is formed. • Roll the dough into small balls (I use a teaspoon to scoop the dough and judge the size) and place onto the baking trays, leaving a gap for the biscuits to spread in the oven (really important, otherwise they'll bake into each other).
• Gently press into the centre of each biscuit with your thumb to create a hollow in the centre.
• Add approximately half teaspoon of jam to the centre of each biscuit or until the hollow is filled. (Don't forget to Stir the Jam!)
• Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes until very lightly coloured.
• Leave to cool before moving to a wire rack.
Let me know if you try them!
Slán go fóill,