Writers’ Tears Irish Whiskey, headline sponsor of the Waterford Walls Festival, has announced a ticketed Cocktail Masterclass on Saturday, August 12th at 5pm in Tully’s, Waterford.
Writers’ Tears has created a bespoke cocktail Painter’s Punch, to celebrate Waterford Walls Festival and the event will be hosted by leading mixologist Eoin O’Neill.
Painter’s Punch is a colourful tribute to the festival’s artists and a delightful combination of flavours that will awaken your taste buds from the first sip. It balances the complexity of Writers' Tears Copper Pot whiskey, with the vibrant sweetness of orange juice, complemented by the tangy zest of lemon juice and the rich, fruity notes of grenadine. In just a few simple steps, you can create this refreshing and sophisticated cocktail to enjoy at home.
• 35.5ml Writers' Tears Copper Pot whiskey
• 80ml Premium Orange Juice (smooth, not from concentrate)
• 15ml Mixer Lemon Juice
• 15ml Grenadine
1. Gather all the necessary ingredients and equipment. You will need a jigger or measuring tools, a tall glass, and ice.
2. Fill your glass with ice.
3. Measure 35.5ml of Writers' Tears Copper Pot whiskey using a jigger or a measuring tool. Pour the whiskey into the glass over the ice.
4. Measure 80ml of Premium Orange Juice, ensuring it is free of pulp and not from concentrate. Add the orange juice to the glass.
5. Measure 15ml of Mixer Lemon Juice and pour it into the glass. The lemon juice will provide a tangy and refreshing kick to the cocktail.
6. Finally, measure 15ml of Grenadine, a sweet and fruity syrup made from pomegranates or red berries. Add it to the cocktail and watch it colourfully settle at the bottom of the glass, creating your own work of art in honour of the Waterford Walls Street Art Festival.
On the night, guests can expect an immersive journey through the art of mixology. At the heart of the masterclass, Eoin O’Neill will reflect on the rich heritage and craftsmanship associated with Writers’ Tears and showcase their creativity and expertise, meticulously crafting each cocktail with the finest Writers’ Tears Irish whiskey as the centrepiece. Attendees will have the opportunity to savour the harmonious blend of flavours delivered by Painter’s Punch's unique character and depth.
Writers’ Tears Global Brand Director, Clare Minnock says "We are thrilled to create a brand new, vibrant and flavoursome Writers' Tears Irish Whiskey cocktail, Painter’s Punch, to honour the colour which is at the heart of Waterford Walls Festival. We look forward to raising a glass to all the painters who will bring vibrancy to the canvas that is Waterford City this August. We hope people will join us for a vibrant evening of cocktails and craic in Tully’s, Waterford as we join award-winning mixologist, Eoin O’Neill, to enjoy some delicious Writers’ Tears creations."
Tickets €15 now available here
All proceeds from the event are going to The Walls Project Fund for Community Projects.
Slán go fóill.