A toast to the Easter roast and more!
With an amazing range of food and drink at Aldi for Easter, there is lots to look forward to this spring. Aldi has everything you need for starters, mains and desserts on the big day, so look no further!
Something different for starters:
• Stuffed Mushrooms €1.99/200g – Sumptuously filled mushrooms. Choose from Sundried Tomato, Spinach and Cheese or Bacon and Leek. Blas na hÉireann 2020 Silver Medal winner.
• Specially Selected King Prawn Cocktail €3.99/180g – Juicy king prawns coated in a rich and creamy Marie Rose sauce made with brandy. Responsibly sourced.
• Specially Selected Irish Crab Claws €4.29/125g – Caught in the traditional way, in the crystal clear waters of the Atlantic Ocean. 100% Irish Crab Meat. Responsibly Sourced.
• Specially Selected Crab Meat €4.49/140g – Hard prepared Irish Crab Meat from the body and claws. 100% Irish Crab Meat. Responsibly Sourced.
• Smoked Salmon €4.99/300g – Fresh and full of flavour smoked salmon. Traditionally smoked in Co. Dublin. Responsibly sourced.
Trisha’s Tip: "Keep the crab claws simple. Pop some butter, chilli and garlic in a pan and gently poach the claws, add in some chopped coriander and lime juice and serve with some of Marie’s brown soda bread. The stuffed mushrooms are so amazing served with some rocket salad and pesto dashed onto the plate!”
Fresh Irish Lamb – any way you like it. Sit down to something truly special with Aldi’s selection of pure Irish lamb, including a 3 Gold Star Great Taste award-winner! However you like it, you’ll find a quality joint that’s full of natural flavour at Aldi.
• Specially Selected Premium West of Ireland Lamb Guard of Honour €19.99/1kg – Premium West of Ireland Lamb Guard of Honour with rosemary and garlic salt rub. 3 Gold Star Winner at the Great Taste Awards 2020. Bord Bia Quality Assured.
• Irish Full Lamb Leg €7.49/kg – A tender leg of Irish lamb, selected for its exceptional flavour. Season with salt and pepper, roast and rest for a succulent, traditional centrepiece. Avg. weight 2-3kg. Bord Bia Quality Assured.
• Irish Half Lamb Leg €7.49/kg – A succulent half leg of Irish lamb, perfect for the Easter lunch. Avg. weight 1-1.5kg. Bord Bia Quality Assured.
• Specially Selected Premium Irish Lamb Shanks €8.49 per 855g/880g – This Specially Selected succulent and tender shank of lamb has been marinated in Stout Gravy or Herb & Mint and placed in a cooking bag to allow it to be prepared to perfection. Simply place in the oven and roast for a true taste sensation. Gluten Free. Bord Bia Quality Assured.
• Butcher’s Selection Irish Lamb Rack €9.99/500g - The simplicity of this rack of lamb is its true delight. Choose from a Garlic & Thyme Rub or Plain. Gluten Free. Bord Bia Quality Assured.
• New Season Spring Irish Half Lamb Leg €12.99/kg – Avg. weight 1-1.3kg. Bord Bia Quality Assured.
• Specially Selected Easy Carve Irish Lamb Leg €14.49/kg – Choose from Flavoured or Stuffed. Avg. weight 1.4-1-6kg. Gluten Free. Bord Bia Quality Assured.
Trisha’s Tip: "With Easter Sunday approaching, a beautiful roast Irish lamb dinner is what is on the menu. Aldi have an award-winning selection in store. If you want to have a rack of lamb, then the Premium West of Ireland Lamb Guard of Honour is amazing. Awarded 3 gold stars at the Great Taste Awards 2020, its rosemary and garlic salt rub guarantees an unrivalled taste each and every time. My favourite is the full leg of lamb. The lamb shanks are simply delicious and all you need to do is follow the instructions on the label and enjoy!"
Tom Doorley recommends the Rioja Reserva €8.49/75cl, with a touch of vanilla-scented oak, it’s lambs best friend.
Simply amazing seafood! Seafood at the dinner table is always a welcome sight. With Aldi’s incredible selection there’s something for every occasion across Easter.
• Irish Trout Fillets €2.99/230g – Delicious Trout Fillets, high in Omega 3 and locally sourced from Co. Kilkenny. Responsibly sourced.
• Irish Hake Fillet Family Pack €3.99/450g – Delicious and sweet Hake Fillets, sourced locally from Ireland. Responsibly sourced.
• Cod Fillet Family Pack €4.49/450g – 4 delicious Cod Fillets. Perfect grilled, baked or friend.
Trisha’s Tip: "When it comes to cooking fish, I find that people are always nervous of cooking it. Here are a few simple tips:
• Leave the skin on, this is full of flavour.
• Pat the fish dry before cooking.
• Season the flesh, not the skin (this helps with the sear after).
• Don’t overcook it, it is quite delicate. Just check the thickest part of the fish and if it flakes away and the translucent colour is gone, it is ready to serve"
For something light, Tom recommends Pierre Jaurant Pinot Gris €8.49/75cl which pairs beautifully with fish dishes.
Sweet, show-stopping desserts!
• Mini Cheesecakes €1.49/3 x 100g – Choose from Strawberry, Lemon, Toffee or Blackcurrant.
• Cinnamon Buns €1.79/2 pack – Produced in Ireland.
• Gráinne’s Apple Tart €2.79/720g – Handfinished and baked in Twomey’s Bakery, Dromcollagher, Co. Limerick.
• Oozy Egg Trifle €2.99/500g – Chocolate mousse layered with chocolate sponge, chocolate custard and topped with cream and egg fondant.
• Gráinne’s Apple Crumble €2.99/720g – Handfinished and baked in Twomey’s Bakery, Dromcollagher, Co. Limerick.
• Handcrafted Barnardos Cake €2.99/400g – Choose from Rich Chocolate Fudge Cake or Cappuccino Caramel. Produced in Ireland with 25c from every sale going to Barnardos.
All the above are available in 145 Aldi Stores nationwide.
Slán go fóill,