Healthy snacks for a successful home-school day!
With schools closed and children currently learning remotely from home, parents and guardians are no doubt racking their brains for healthy ideas as multiple snack requests arise throughout the day!
Home schooling is challenging enough, so don’t let lunch and snack-time add even more stress to the day. Aldi has lots of healthy and easy-to-prep-options to help keep everyone’s bellies full, especially if you’ve run out of ideas!
Keep these easy, healthy brain food snacks on rotation, to feed your child’s mind as they grow and learn at home.
Chocolate Covered Frozen Kiwi Rounds Perfect for a lunch time snack for the kids, and for you! Serves: 12 people Prep time: 20 minutes
• 6 Nature’s Pick Kiwi’s
• 100g Moser Roth Dark Chocolate
• 6 Wooden Lollipop Sticks
1. Peel the kiwis and take two thick slices from each - you can use the leftover kiwi tossed in some yoghurt for breakfast
2. Place a wooden lollipop stick into the side of each of the kiwi fruit rounds. Place these on some greaseproof paper and then into the freezer until frozen
3. When the kiwi pops are frozen break up the chocolate and place into an oven proof bowl over a pan of boiling water to melt, making sure the bottom of the bowl doesn’t touch the water
4. Dip each kiwi pop in the melted chocolate and put straight back into the freezer to harden before serving
Peanut Butter, Chocolate & Banana Smoothie Serves: 1 person Prep time: 5 minutes
• 30g Foodie Market Smooth Peanut Butter
• 1 Nature’s Pick Banana
• 150g Duneen Dairy Organic Whole milk Natural Yogurt
• 1 tsp The Pantry Cocoa Powder
• 1 tsp Grandessa Squeezy Honey
• 100ml Donegal Creameries Milk
1. Peel the banana and cut into chunks.
2. Add all the ingredients to the smoothie mixer.
3. Pulse for 3 minutes until well blended and serve.
Baked Avocado: Serves: 2 people Prep time: 5 minutes Cooking time: 10 minutes
• 1 Nature’s Pick Avocado
• 2 Healy’s Farm Large Fresh Eggs
• 1 sprinkle of finely chopped Nature’s Pick Scallions
• A slice of Brannan’s Irish Back Bacon Rasher (optional)
1. Pre-heat the grill and line a baking tray with tin foil
2. Carefully slice the avocado in half and scoop out the stone
3. Crack 1 egg into the middle and sprinkle scallions on top. If you or the kids prefer, add a sprinkling of chopped bacon. Sprinkle with scallions again and season to taste
4. Place on the baking tray and put under the grill for 5-6 minutes until the egg looks cooked
Definitely trying these out with the little ones, especially the Chocolate Kiwi Rounds!
All ingredients available in 145 Aldi stores nationwide.
Slán go fóill,