Danny Joyce | Editor
Indy Power Teams Up with Flahavan's to Celebrate Coeliac Awareness Week
Flahavan’s have teamed up with Indy Power of The Little Green Spoon to create two delicious Gluten Free recipes to celebrate Coeliac Awareness Week.
Flahavan’s are working with Indy for the third year in a row to celebrate all things Gluten Free and together, have created the perfect summer recipes to help you elevate mealtimes with Flahavan’s Gluten Free Pure Irish Oats!
Gluten Free Recipes by Indy Power:
Indy has created Warm, sweet and utterly delicious, Mini Blueberry Oat Crumble and a deliciously indulgent Chocolate & Hazelnut Gluten Free Overnight oats! Don't forget Flahavan's Gluten Free Irish Oats are certified by Coeliac Ireland and they taste pretty great too!!
Chocolate Hazelnut Overnight Oats Serves 2.
Prep time - 15 minutes
Ingredients • 25g of hazelnuts • 100g of Flahavan’s Gluten Free Irish Pure Oats • 10g of cacao powder • 250ml of nut or oat milk • 20ml maple syrup • Optional: nut butter Method
•Preheat the oven to 180’C.
• Spread the hazelnuts out on a roasting tray and roast for about minutes until golden all over.
• When they’re cool enough to handle, finely chop them. • Add the oats, cacao powder and about 20g of the hazelnuts to a large bowl and mix well. • Pour in the oat milk and maple syrup and mix well. • Divide the mixture into your two jars or bowls. Top with the last of the hazelnuts.
• Cover and place in the fridge overnight. • Serve as is or with some nut butter on top.
Gluten Free Mini Blueberry Crumbles Serves 2.
Prep time - 35 minutes
For the filling: • 1.5 cups of blueberries • ½ lemon • 10g ground almonds • 30ml maple syrup For the crumble: • 30g Flahavan’s gluten free pure Irish oats • 30g ground almonds • 1 tsp cinnamon • 20ml maple syrup • 20ml melted coconut oil Method
• Preheat the oven to 180’C. • In a medium bowl, make the filling. Mix together the blueberries, juice of half a lemon, the ground almonds and maple syrup and mix well. • Divide the filling between two ramekins. • In a separate bowl, make the crumble. Mix together the oats, ground almonds, cinnamon and a pinch of sea salt.
• Drizzle in the maple syrup and melted coconut oil and mix well. • Sprinkle the crumble generously over the filling in each ramekin and back for 20-25 minutes until golden all over and bubbling.
Flahavan’s Gluten Free Irish Pure Oats are available in supermarkets nationwide.
Slán go fóill,