It wouldn’t be summer without Gino’s Gelato!
It’s officially summer and that means one thing Gelato season! And where better to get your summertime fix than at your local Gino’s Gelato. From gelato and milkshakes, to crêpes, waffles and take-home tubs, they have treats for tastes!
Freshness is everything at Gino’s, with every flavour masterpiece made fresh in every store every day by in-house master gelato makers using ONLY 100% Irish, organic milk. The talented artisans at Gino’s gelato meticulously blend traditional Italian recipes with the best Irish produce resulting in a truly unforgettable taste experience that sets them apart for the rest, winning international awards and even beat the Italians themselves!
Since the brand’s first opening in 2008, Gino’s Gelato has grown over the years to become one of the country’s most loved treats. 100% Irish owned, Gino’s was founded by second generation ice-cream men, Jonathan Kirwan and Anthony Murphy, their number one priority was to always use the very best and freshest ingredients, keeping the gelato as authentic as possible to traditional methods and most importantly make it the most delicious frozen treat in Ireland.
From luscious fruity sorbets to delightful creamy concoctions Gino’s have something for every taste & have added some mouth-watering limited-edition flavours to the gelato menu this summer including:
• Reece's Peanut Butter
• Passion Fruit Swirl
Trolls (which is a mixed berry crunch flavour)
Did you know – Gino’s Milkshakes are made with just 2 ingredients: Fresh Gino’s Gelato and 100% Organic Irish milk. Simply choose your favourite gelato flavour on the counter or combine a bespoke blend of 2 and Gino’s will whirl and whirl it into a sumptuous frozen treat.
Take Home Tubs:
Gino’s Gelato’s Take-Home Tubs are the ideal treat for your house this summer! Choose any 3 flavours to fill your take home tub and you’ll have the perfect alfresco dessert! The Take Home Tubs serve 6+ hungry tummies! Small €12, Large €18.
Surprise them with the perfect at home gelato treat! Each gift box contains 1 Take Home Tub and 6 Fresh Waffles Cones (or tubs). Gino’s also has gluten free cones available. Priced at €20.
The difference between Ice-cream and Gelato:
Ice Cream: Fluffy and Full of Fat
• Ice cream is a frozen dairy dessert made of milk, cream, sugar, and (typically) egg yolks.
• Traditionally, French-style ice cream contained egg yolks and was richer than American-style ice cream, which didn’t initially contain eggs.
• However, American ice cream has now evolved to also include the yolks.
• The ingredients in ice cream are first cooked together into a rich custard.
• After the custard base is cooled, it’s churned at a fairly high speed to incorporate air and increase its volume (cheaper ice creams tends to have more air whipped into them).
• Ice cream is served at a fairly cold temperature that makes scoops hold together, and the finished product is smooth, light-textured, and creamy.
Gelato: Dense and Intense
• Gelato is the Italian word for ice cream.
• It starts out with a similar custard base as ice cream, but has a higher proportion of milk and a lower proportion of cream and eggs (or no eggs at all).
• It is churned at a much slower rate, incorporating less air and leaving the gelato denser than ice cream.
• Gelato is served at a slightly warmer temperature than ice cream, so its texture stays silkier and softer.
• Because it has a lower percentage of fat than ice cream, the main flavour ingredient really shines through.
Gino’s Gelato have extended Summer opening hours now across all stores
Find your closest Gino’s Gelato store HERE
You can take a look at Gino’s menu in advance HERE.
Slán go fóill.