Mash Direct BBQ Recipes to set You Up For the Summer!
If you are stuck wondering how to cater for a crowd at your next BBQ, or are looking for an easy meal to enjoy in the heat, then enjoy these delicious BBQ inspired quick and easy recipes from Mash Direct!
Enjoy the sunshine this week and make the most of summer with these delicious barbecue recipes made with wholesome Mash Direct products.
• 1 pack of Mash Direct Potato Skinny Fries
• 150g smoked bacon rashes
• 5ml extra Virgin Olive oil for cooking
• 100g grated Mozzarella cheese
• 100ml sour cream
• 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
• 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
• 2 tablespoons red onion
• 2 tablespoons bell pepper
• Preheated oven 190°C / 375°F/ Gas Mark 5.
• Remove Skinny Fries from the tray to deep roasting pan and cook for 20 minutes.
• While potatoes are cooking, preheat oil in a frying pan over a moderate heat, add the bacon and cook for 4 or 5 minutes or until lightly golden.
• Drain on a paper towel and cut into smaller pieces.
• Remove Skinny Fries from the oven, top with Mozzarella cheese and cook again for 10 minutes or until cheese has melted.
• Top with bacon, red onion, bell pepper, chives, parsley and drizzle with sour cream.
• 1 pack of Mash Direct Vegetable Bakes
• 1 pack of Mash Direct Beer Battered Chips
• 1 pack of Mash Direct Beer Battered Onion Rings
• 2 brioche burger buns, cut in half and lightly toasted
• 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
• A large handful salad leaves
• 1 large tomato cut into slices
• 2 slices mild cheddar cheese
• 2 gherkins sliced
• Preheat oven and place the Mash Direct Beer Battered Chips, Beer Battered Onion Rings and Vegetable Burgers onto an oven tray and cook as per packet instructions.
• Arrange toasted brioche buns onto warm plates, top with mayo, salad leaves, tomato slices, Vegetable Burgers, cheese and gherkins.
• Place the lid on top and serve with Beer Battered Chips and Beer Battered Onion Rings.
CURRY CHIPS TACOS
• 1 pack of Mash Direct Curry Chips
• 2 flour tortillas
• 10ml Extra virgin olive oil
• Mixed salad leaves
• 1 diced tomato
• 3 tablespoons chopped red onion
• 3 tablespoons chopped bell pepper
• 2 tablespoons parsley
• 2 tablespoons chives
• 2 tablespoons lemon juice
• 100ml mayonnaise
• 1 avocado
Lemon mayonnaise sauce
Mix mayonnaise with lemon juice.
• Cook Mashed Direct Curry Chips as per packet instructions.
In a large frying pan, heat a generous amount of oil over medium-high heat.
• Allow plenty of time for the oil to get up to temperature (if the oil isn’t hot enough your tacos will be greasy.)
• Add 1 tortilla and fry for 20-30 seconds. Flip tortilla and fold it roughly in half, fry for 15-20 seconds, flip and fry the other side for 15-20 seconds (until both sides are golden brown.) Drain on a paper towel.
• While tacos are still hot, gently spread them open, add cooked Curry Chips.
• Top with red onion, tomato, bell pepper, parsley, chives and avocado. Drizzle with lemon mayonnaise sauce.
SOUTHERN FRIED POTATO SKEWERS WITH CHICKEN & VEGETABLES
• 1 pack of Mash Direct Southern Fried Potatoes
• 1 bell pepper
• 1 zucchini
• 1/2 red onion
• 2 small corn cobs
• 1 pack cooked chicken
• 50 ml extra virgin olive oil
• Steak seasoning
• Balsamic glaze
• Cut up the veggies to be as close in size and shape as possible, this will help them cook evenly.
• Add all of the sliced vegetables to a large bowl and toss with olive oil, steak seasoning and salt.
• Skewer the vegetables.
• Grill the vegetable skewers.
• Heat a grill over medium high heat, between 400-450°F.
• Place the skewers on the grill and grill for 12 minutes total, rotating the skewers 2-3 times throughout the cooking process.
• Serve with corn cob and drizzle with balsamic glaze.
So go ahead and try one of these easy to make, and even easier to devour in the heat, recipes!
For more information on Mash Direct products visit MashDirect.com
Slán go fóill.