Summer Goodness with Green Isle | Recipes
Longer evenings and soon a long weekend. It’s starting to feel like summer! Take time to stock your freezer with the very best of frozen food by Irish family favourite Green Isle and enjoy the convenience of always having delicious, nutritious vegetables and fruit on hand for the summer season ahead!
Whether it’s a summer picnic in the park, a weekend BBQ, or some alfresco dining in the garden, Green Isle has put together delicious recipes for all the family to enjoy using some family favourites, Green Isle’s Mini Corn on the Cob, Garden Peas, Crispy Potato Cubes and Mixed Berries. From seasonal salads to cool down treats, summer snacks and seasonal recipes, check out www.greenisle.ie for some more bank holiday inspiration!
The Green Isle range of vegetables and fruit are carefully selected, picked at their peak and frozen at their freshest to lock in vitamins, minerals and flavour, Green Isle contains all the nutrition of fresh vegetables and fruit. Quick, easy and convenient, with Green Isle you can use what you need, save time on preparation, while helping reduce food waste too! With a great range of Green Isle products to choose from, add variety to your summer dishes and help put your best plate forward this summer season by stocking the freezer with Green Isle family favourites, they’re definitely worth the freezer space!
Pick up some of the Green Isle frozen favourites available in supermarkets nationwide including;
Green Isle Garden Peas 450g
RRP €1.69 or mix and match any 2 packs for €2.50.
Green Isle Garden Peas are packed full of nutritional goodness and are a great source of folic acid. Frozen at their freshest, locking in all nutrients, Green Isle Garden Peas are perfect for summer salads or side dish. Vegan friendly and contain no artificial colours, flavours or preservatives, each 80g portion counts as 1 of your 5 a day!
Green Isle Mini Corn on the Cob
Green Isle Mini Corn on the Cob are super sweet and full of nature’s goodness. The perfect tea-time treat, a summer side dish and suitable for the BBQ, Green Isle Mini Corn on the Cob is a great source of fibre, vegan friendly and count towards your 5 a day.
Green Isle Crispy Potato Cubes
Gluten free, the Green Isle Crispy Potato Cubes are ideal for summer snacks and party food occasions. Save on time with no preparation and ready in 15-20 minutes!
Green Isle Mixed Berries
High in vitamin C and a good source of folic acid, the Green Isle Mixed Berries range are picked at their peak and frozen at their freshest. Ideal for breakfast, cool down snacks, smoothies and seasonal desserts.
Put your best plate forward this summer, with the following simple and delicious Green Isle recipes:
Green Isle Pea, Mint, Feta & Courgette Salad with Chilli & Lemon Dressing
A delicious fresh take on a salad, perfect to serve up with any BBQ!
Serves: 4, as a side salad
For the salad 350g Green Isle Garden Peas 1 courgette, peeled into ribbons 100g Feta, crumbled Handful of mint leaves
For the dressing 1 small red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped Zest and juice of half a lemon 100ml extra virgin olive oil Salt and pepper, to taste
• Place the Green Isle Garden Peas into boiling water. Cover, bring back to the boil and simmer for 3-4 minutes. Drain and place into a large bowl along with the courgette.
• Place the dressing ingredients into a small bowl and whisk together to emulsify.
• Pour the dressing over the peas and courgette and toss everything together to combine.
• Place the salad into a serving bowl and crumble over the feta. Garnish with the mint leaves.
Green Isle Mexican Inspired Corn on the Cob
A simple but impressive way to add a taste of summer sun to your table!
Serves: 6, as a side
1 packet Green Isle mini corn on the cob 3 tbsp olive oil 100g salted butter 1 tsp chipotle chilli powder 1 small red chilli, finely chopped 50g cheddar cheese, finely grated Salt and pepper, to taste Coriander leaves, to garnish Lime wedges, to serve
• Place the Green Isle mini corn on the cobs into boiling water. Cover, bring back to the boil and simmer for 4 minutes then remove from the water and set aside.
• Place a griddle pan over a high heat or preheat your BBQ and drizzle the corn with the olive oil.
• Place the corn onto the griddle pan or BBQ and cook, turning occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until nicely golden and charred all over.
• Whilst the corn is cooking, melt the butter in the microwave and stir in the chipotle chilli powder and a pinch of salt and pepper.
• When the corn is done, use a pastry brush to lather the corn with the chilli butter, turning them to make sure that everywhere is coated.
• Serve the corn sprinkled with the red chilli, cheddar cheese and coriander.
Green Isle Crispy Potato Cubes Topped with Greek Salad
Packed with flavour, this is a real taste of summer on a plate!
1 bag Green Isle Crispy Potato Cubes ½ cucumber, thinly sliced ½ red onion, thinly sliced 150g cherry tomatoes, halved 30g black olives, chopped Zest of ½ a lemon 1 tsp dried oregano 50 ml olive oil Salt and pepper, to taste 100g Feta cheese, broken into large pieces
• Pre-heat your oven to 220 C / 220 C fan / Gas Mark 6. Place the Green Isle Crispy Potato Cubes on a lined tray and place into the oven for 15 - 20 minutes, turning once throughout cooking.
• Whilst the Crispy Potato Cubes cook, make the Greek Salad by mixing together the cucumber, red onion, cherry tomatoes, olives, lemon zest, oregano, olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper in a mixing bowl.
• When the potato cubes are cooked, divide between 2 bowls and top each with half of the salad. Place half of the feta on top of each bowl and enjoy.
For delicious summer recipes visit www.greenisle.ie
Slàn go fóill,