Aldi’s affordable range of immune-boosting vitamins
Now more than ever we are being encouraged by health experts to look after our health and wellbeing. A recent Oireachtas report has advised that every adult in Ireland should start to take vitamin D supplements due to alarming levels of deficiency. It is believed that Ireland’s lack of sunlight, especially UVB rays, as well as longer working hours indoors, contribute to this deficiency.
Low levels of Vitamin D have also been linked to worse health outcomes in relation to Covid-19, and this is why the issue needs to be addressed urgently, according to the report.
Get your boost this spring/summer from Aldi’s affordable range of immune-boosting vitamins, suitable for every lifestyle. With everything from Omega 3 Oils to Vitamin C boosters on offer, and all at everyday amazing prices, Aldi has everything you need to bolster the immune system this spring and summer.
On sale exclusively in store now and starting from just €0.79, these packed-with-goodness supplements are suitable for adults and children, and contain no artificial colours, flavours or preservatives.
Activ-Max Vitamin D 105 pack
Vitamin D contributes to the maintenance of normal bones, teeth and muscle function and has a role in the process of cell division.
Activ-Max Vitamin C 60 pack
Vitamin C contributes to the normal function of the immune system and the reduction of tiredness and fatigue.
Activ-Max Orange Vitamin C Effervescent 20 pack
Vitamin C contributes to the normal function of the immune system and the reduction of tiredness and fatigue. It also helps to release energy from food.
Activ-Max Kids Chewy Multivitamin 90 pack
Vitamin D is needed for normal growth and development of bone in children.
Vitawell Vit Heroes Multivitamin Gummies 30 pack
Available in Multivitamin/Omega 3 & Multivitamins - Vitamin D contributes to the normal function of the immune system in children and is needed for normal growth and development of bone in children. Iodine contribution to the normal growth of children.
Vitawell Adult Multivitamin Gummies 30 pack
Available in Multivitamin/High Strength Vitamin D - Vitamin D contributes to maintenance of normal teeth, bones and muscle function. Vitamin D, C, B6 and Zinc help support normal function of the immune system. Vitamin B12, Niacin, Biotin and Pantothenic Acid contribute to normal energy-yielding metabolism. Vitamin A is needed for normal vision.
Vitawell High Strength Vitamin D 25µg 180 pack
This high strength vitamin D contributes to maintenance of normal teeth, bones and muscle function. Launching in 145 Aldi stores this April.
WHAT ARE VITAMINS? There are two types of vitamins: fat-soluble and water-soluble.
• Fat-soluble vitamins are found mainly in fatty foods such as animal fats including butter and lard, vegetable oils, dairy foods, liver and oily fish.
• While your body needs these vitamins every day to work properly, you do not need to eat foods containing them every day.
• This is because, if your body does not need these vitamins immediately, it stores them in your liver and fatty tissues for future use. These stores can build up so they are there when you need them. However, if you have much more than you need, fat-soluble vitamins can be harmful.
• Fat-soluble vitamins are Vitamins A, D, E & K.
• Water-soluble vitamins are not stored in the body, so you need to have them more frequently.
• If you have more than you need, your body gets rid of the extra vitamins when you urinate. Because the body does not store water-soluble vitamins, these vitamins are generally not harmful.
• Water-soluble vitamins are found in fruit, vegetables and grains. Unlike fat-soluble vitamins, they can be destroyed by heat or by being exposed to the air. They can also be lost in water used for cooking.
• This means that by cooking foods, especially boiling them, we lose many of these vitamins. The best way to keep as much of the water-soluble vitamins as possible is to steam or grill these foods, rather than boil them.
• Water-soluble vitamins are Vitamin C, B Vitamins and Folic Acid.
Slán go fóill,