Hot Cross Bun Vanilla Baked Pudding
Try Aldi’s Hot Cross Bun Vanilla Baked Pudding recipe for a delicious Easter Sunday dessert!
Serves: 6 people
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 35 mins
• 6 Grainne’s Hot Cross Buns
• 600ml Clonbawn Double Cream
• 4 Healy’s Farm Large Egg Yolks
• 100g The Pantry Caster Sugar
• 30g The Pantry Flaked Almonds
• 30g The Pantry Sultanas
• 40g Kilkeely Irish Creamery Unsalted Butter
• 1 tsp The Pantry Vanilla Extract
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180C/Gas Mark 4
2. Cut the hot cross buns in half and spread them with the butter, then close them up again.
3. Put into an oblong baking dish, approximately 40 x 20cm.
4. Whisk the egg yolks and caster sugar together until the mixture turns pale and thickens.
5. Put the cream into a small saucepan and gently bring to the boil, stirring as you do.
6. Make sure that the cream doesn’t burn on the bottom of the pan.
7. Pouring the boiling cream over the egg yolk mixture and whisk well.
8. Add the vanilla essence and whisk some more.
9. Sprinkle the sultanas and the almonds over and around the hot cross buns.
10. Pour over the custard mixture. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until golden and just set.
All ingredients available in Aldi stores nationwide.
Slán go fóill,