Aprons at the ready... The National Brown Bread Baking Competition, sponsored by ALDI, is back!
Are you a bread-baking extraordinaire? Put your baking skills to the test and enter this year’s National Brown Bread Baking Competition as drop off locations open across the country from next week!
ALDI is delighted to announce that it will once again sponsor this year’s National Brown Bread Baking Competition, which takes place in association with the National Ploughing Association (NPA) and Irish Countrywomen’s Association (ICA).
This year, finalists will be contacted by August 11th and invited to take part in the live finals at the National Ploughing Championships from September 19th - 21st in Ratheniska, Co. Laois. One lucky baker will be crowned the winner and their brown bread will be stocked in 160 ALDI stores nationwide. Not only that, but they will receive a prize of €15,000 - that’s quite a lot of dough!
The competition is free and open to all members of the public with entrants invited to drop off their freshly baked bread at one of the designated nine ALDI locations on the following dates:
Wednesday 19th July 2023 9am- 11am
• ALDI Head Office Naas, Birch House, Millennium Park, Osberstown, Naas, Co. Kildare, W91 YX71.
• ALDI Swords, 10 Seatown Rd, Townparks, Swords, Co. Dublin, K67 V2N7.
• ALDI Athlone, Golden Island, Ankers Bower, Athlone Co. Westmeath N37 FC04.
• ALDI Macroom, Oakwood, Sleveen East, Macroom, Co. Cork, P12 ER89.
• ALDI, Newcastle West, Co. Limerick, V42 KD35.
• ALDI, Main Street, Gort, Co. Galway, H91 PV44.
Wednesday 2nd August 2023 09:00- 11:00
• ALDI New Ross, Marshmeadows, New Ross, Co. Wexford, Y34 NP48.
• ALDI Castlebar, Lannagh Rd, Garryduff, Castlebar, Co. Mayo, F23 TV29.
• ALDI Cavan, Dublin Rd, Tullymongan Upper, Cavan, H91PK29.
Please remember to label your bread with your name, address, e-mail address and phone number. No entries will be taken outside the times and locations specified above.
Pictured at the launch of this year’s National Brown Bread Baking Competition, sponsored by ALDI is Anna May Mc Hugh, MD of National Ploughing Association (NPA); Peter Bough, ALDI Buying Director; and Hilda Roche, Irish Countrywomen’s Association (ICA) President.
Slán go fóill.