Celebrate World Gin Day with Aldi’s multi award-winning range of gin!
World Gin Day on Saturday, 12th June is the perfect excuse to explore the world of wonderful gins available now at Aldi. A must-try is Boyle’s Gin, exclusive to Aldi, which recently won Double Gold at the prestigious San Francisco World Spirits Competition, sealing its reputation as one of the best gins in the world!
Tom Doorley, Aldi’s Drinks Ambassador said:
“Aldi is a leader in the world of gin. Every one of Aldi’s gins is unique, with a distinctive character and flavour profile, ensuring that there every gin lover will find something to suit!”
“When the gin revolution was in its infancy, Aldi had the foresight to partner with Blackwater Distillery in West Waterford to create their very own Irish Small Batch Botanical Gin. The result was Boyle's Irish Gin, a London Dry Gin in style but very much Irish and, as confirmed by multiple national and international awards, of outstanding quality. But - and here's the thing - it can be yours for half the price of many of the "new" gins, underlining the fact that Aldi's great prices never involve compromise. Indeed, you could argue that, with Boyle's recent win in the San Francisco Spirits Awards, it has a real claim to being the best gin in the world. But I'll let you be the judge of that!”
Peter Mulryan, CEO of Blackwater Distillery said:
“We’re delighted that Boyle’s Gin continues to go from strength to strength, and wining Double Gold at San Francisco puts this premium Irish gin firmly on the world stage. Our partnership with ALDI is a winning one, including awards for our Boyle’s Gin Ready To Drink (RTD) range, and there is no better way to celebrate World Gin Day then with a Boyle’s G&T!”
With 11 Gins from 8 different distillers, from classic dry styles to fabulously flavoured gins, the perfect gin for you, is waiting to be discovered. Whether served with a simple tonic, or as the base for a glamorous cocktail, these gins would grace any drinks trolley!
Boyle’s Irish Gin, €24.99 per 70cl – This multi award winning Irish gin, exclusive to Aldi, has a flavour palette of citrus zest, fruity notes of blackcurrant and apple plus warm spices. This gin has received a wide range of awards including Best Irish Classic Gin at the World Gin Awards 2021, 3 Stars at the International Taste Institute Awards 2021, Silver at the International Spirits Challenge 2021, Gold at the World Spirit Awards 2020, Gold in the Blas na hÉireann Awards 2019, Gold in the Global Gin Masters in both 2018 and 2020 and 1 star in the Great Taste Awards 2020 to name a few!
Boyle’s Raspberry Blush Gin, €24.99 per 70cl – A beautiful blush pink, this gin has no artificial flavours, only fresh raspberries, a spicy middle and a twist of orange. It has been awarded a Silver International Spirits Challenge Award 2021, Silver in the Flavoured Gin Category at the World Gin Awards 2021, Gold at the Global Gin Masters 2020 and Silver at the Blas na hÉireann Awards 2019.
Blush’d Irish Gin, €14.99 per 70cl – Deliciously vibrant mix of Irish pot still gin and ripe berry fruits.
Mo Chara Irish Pink Grapefruit Gin €19.99 per 50cl – Creamy, full-bodied texture and a soft fruity finish. Recently won Bronze at the International Spirits Challenge 2021.
Haysmith’s Pink Grapefruit & Orange Gin, €19.99 per 70cl – Smooth and complex with fresh juniper notes, paired with subtle citrus sweetness and a bittersweet pink grapefruit finish.
Haysmith’s Strawberry & Rose Gin, €19.99 per 70cl – Light and delicately flavoured gin of fragrant rose petals intertwined with vibrant strawberry notes.
Greyson’s Sicilian Lemon Gin €19.99 per 70cl – Rich, fresh and zesty - perfect for those longer summer evenings.
Greyson’s Pink Gin €17.99 per 70cl – Elegantly smooth with fresh raspberry and strawberry flavours, followed by juniper and subtle blackberry.
Greyson’s London Dry Gin €16.29 per 70cl – This elegant and smooth gin has bright citrus and juniper flavours, intertwined with a delicately refined finish. Awarded Silver at the Global Gin Masters 2020 and bronze at International Spirits Challenge 2020.
Corley’s Dry Gin €13.99 per 70cl – A clear, light, crisp gin with rounded spice and a touch of juniper.
For ease of enjoyment, it’s hard to beat a pre-mixed G&T in can, and with Aldi’s selection, it’s far from boring! Whether your preference is a classic gin and tonic, or a more exotic mix, these ready to pop and pour cans are ideal to have chilled and to hand!
• Boyle’s Gin with Elderflower Tonic, €1.99 per 250ml can, ABV 5%- Won Bronze in the Blas na hÉireann Awards 2020
• Boyle’s Raspberry Blush with Cloudy Lemonade, €1.99 per 250ml can, ABV 5%- Won Gold in the World Premix Awards 2021 and Gold in the Blas na hÉireann Awards 2020.
• Boyle’s Gin & Tonic, €1.99 per 250ml can, ABV 5%
• Boyles’s Gin & Tonic Light, €1.99 per 250ml can, ABV 5%
• Blush’d Gin & Mixed Berries, €1.79 per 250ml can, ABV 4.5%
• Blush’d Gin & Pineapple, €1.79 per 250ml can, ABV 4.5%
• Haysmith’s Premium Gin & Tonic Can, €1.79 per 250ml can, 6%
• Haysmith’s Premium Raspberry & Redcurrant Gin & Tonic Can, €1.79 per 250ml can, 6%
• Haysmith’s Premium Rhubarb & Ginger Gin & Tonic Can, €1.79 per 250ml can, 6%
• Haysmith’s Premium Seville Orange & Persian Lime Gin & Tonic Can, €1.79 per 250ml can, 6%
• Haysmith’s Premium Pink Grapefruit & Orange Gin & Tonic Can, €1.79 per 250ml can, 6%
• Haysmith’s Premium Mango & Passionfruit Gin & Tonic Can, €1.79 per 250ml can, 6%
• Haysmith’s Premium Bramble Gin & Tonic Can, €1.49 per 250ml can, 6%
• Greyson’s Gin & Tonic, €1.49 per 250ml can, ABV 5%
• Greyson’s Gin & Diet Tonic, €1.49 per 250ml can, ABV 5%
• Greyson’s Pink Gin & Tonic, €1.49 per 250ml can, ABV 5%
Aldi also has some great mixers and tonics which pair perfectly with your chosen gin!
• VIVE Mixer Drinks 25c/1litre – Available in Soda Water, Tonic Water, or Low Calorie Tonic Water
• Ridge Valley Premium Tonic Waters €1.89/750ml – Available in Light, Elderflower or Indian Tonic Water
• Ridge Valley Premium Indian Tonic Water €2.49/8x150ml
Blackwater Distillery, the distillers of Boyle’s Irish Gin have created a cocktail recipe to celebrate their recent win in San Francisco. All the ingredients are available in Aldi, so celebrate in style with a Boyle’s Irish Gin Cocktail this World Gin Day:
Boyles’ Gin Fizz
• 50ml Boyle’s Irish Gin
• 20ml Fresh Lemon Juice
• 15ml Maple Syrup
• The White of One Large Egg
• 35ml Sparkling Lemonade
• Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker without ice at first and shake for 6 seconds, this is known as a dry shake, it helps the egg blend with the other ingredients and give a nice frothy top.
• Add to ice to shaker and shake for 10 seconds or until shaker starts to feel ice cold.
• Double strain into a tumbler glass and top up with approx 35ml of sparkling lemonade for a super refreshing cocktail!
Enjoy World Gin Day responsibly!
Slán go fóill,