Making sure you put your best plate forward this summer season, Chia Active, a new Irish and innovative chia seed product range (which is now available in health food stores, selected pharmacies and speciality shops nationwide) has put together some delicious summer recipes.
Using Chia Active + and Chia Active Immune Support products which are unique, first of its kind complex blends which help to boost the body’s daily nutrition, these simple dishes are perfect for the summer season.
Sourcing the finest quality chia, Chia Active has created a new range of super nutritional chia products combined with only the finest food-based ingredients, with no sugars, or sweeteners or flavours or artificial sweeteners added. Unlike many other chia products, Chia Active is a great source of vitamin D, vital for the function of the immune system. Containing a unique complex balanced food blend, Chia Active + contains 30 active ingredients, more than any other chia products or similar currently on the market. The new range from Chia Active contain all the benefits of chia and more such as helping to support immune system, heart and joint health, increase energy, cell protection and more.
An easy way to increase your vitamin D intake plus other vital vitamins and minerals, Chia Active can simply be added to your favourite breakfast, drink, lunch, dinner or snack. Available now in health food stores, selected pharmacies and speciality shops nationwide, the Chia Active range includes:
Chia Active+ - RRP - €29.95 (400g)
Chia Active + is a unique first of its kind complex balanced food blend of 30 active ingredients including Omega 3, Fibre, CoQ10, Arginine, Taurine, Thiamine (B1), Vitamin D, C, B6, Protein and more. Chia Active+ also contains 10 essential amino acids, which helps support the immune system, heart and joint health, increase energy, cell division and protection from oxidative stress.
With no added sugars, artificial sweeteners, flavours or stevia, Chia Active+ is a mega super food packed with natural benefits for the entire body.
Chia Active Immune Support with Vitamin D and Zinc - RRP - € 9.99 ( 400g)
With no sugars, sweeteners or artificial flavours added, boost your daily nutrition with Chia Active Immune Support with Vitamin D and Zinc, by simply adding to your favourite meal or drinks and enjoy a varied, balanced diet for an active lifestyle and good health.
A first to include 17 active ingredients including, Omega 3, Vitamin D, Zinc, Fibre, Thiamine, Iron, Magnesium, Selenium. With 10 essential amino acids and others, Chia Active Immune Support with Vitamin D and Zinc to support the immune and nervous system, heart health, energy and more.
Put your best plate forward this summer, with the following simple and delicious Chia Active recipes:
Banana & Strawberry Smoothie Bowl with Kiwi, Pomegranate & Chia Seed
• 1 1/2 banana, frozen *cut them into chunks before freezing so that they blend easier
• 1½ cups fresh or frozen strawberries
• 120ml Unsweetened Coconut Milk or milk of choice
• 1/2 banana sliced
• 1 kiwi sliced
• 1/4 pomegranate deseeded
• 15g Chia Active +
1. Combine frozen banana, strawberries, and coconut milk in a blender & blend until it is completely smooth – the mixture should be thick. Add a little more liquid if necessary to get it to blend completely smooth.
2. Transfer to a bowl and add fresh banana, strawberries, pomegranate, kiwi and sprinkle with chia seeds.
Chocolate Chia Pudding with Blueberries, Coconut Yogurt & Hazelnut
*The below recipe makes for four people
• 60g Chia Active immune support seeds
• 400ml unsweetened coconut milk or milk of choice
• 3 tbsp cacao powder
• 2 tbsp maple syrup
• ½ tsp vanilla extract
• Handful of blueberries
• 8 tbsp coconut yogurt
• Handful raspberrie
• 50g chopped hazelnuts
1. Place chia seeds, milk, cacao powder, maple syrup & vanilla extract in a bowl & whisk to combine well.
2. Split the mixture into 4 jars or glasses and Cover with cling film to leave to thicken in the fridge for at least 4 hours, or overnight if possible.
3. When serving, top with coconut yogurt, blueberries, raspberries, chopped hazelnuts & drizzle with maple syrup.
Chia, Quinoa & Avocado Salad with Pomegranate Molasses
• 50g dry quinoa
• 100ml water
• 1 vegetable or chicken stock pot
• Handful of Mixed leaves
• 15g Chia Active immune support seeds
• 30g crumbled feta cheese
• 1/2 red onion diced
• 1/2 avocado sliced
• 30g sun-dried tomato sliced
• Pomegranate molasses * if you can’t get pomegranate molasses, balsamic vinegar will work equally as well
1. Rinse the quinoa under cold water for 2-3 minutes. Put rinsed quinoa into a pot with 100ml of cold water and stock pot and bring to the boil. Once it is at the boil, reduce heat to low and cook for 15 minutes until cooked and fluffy. Leave aside.
2. To assemble the salad, start layering all of the ingredients on a plate starting with the mixed leaves, quinoa, sun-dried tomato, red onion, feta, avocado, chia seeds. Drizzle with pomegranate molasses and serve.
Chia Active products are available in health foods stores, selected pharmacies, speciality shops and www.chiaactive.co.
Slán go fóill,