istil 38 Superior Irish Vodka wins two Gold Medals at Irish Whiskey Awards
It may have only launched in April of this year, but istil 38 Superior Irish Vodka has had an exceptionally positive year! With strong nationwide distribution around the country and two full time brand ambassadors, bars have been quick to take in all three of the brand's flavours to mix them into classic cocktails and new delicious creations.
Co-owner and the brand's Creative Director, Pippa O'Connor Ormond now has another reason to celebrate with her team. Last night at The Irish Whiskey Awards, istil 38 Superior Irish Vodka won two gold medals for it's Classic Irish vodka and its Vanilla Irish Vodka.
"I am thrilled that istil 38 Superior Irish Vodka has picked up two such illustrious awards. We have always maintained that it is a remarkably well produced spirit that goes so nicely into cocktails. Now we have an official verdict from our industry's peers that has given us two gold medals from the highly acclaimed and totally independent Irish Whiskey Awards. I'll be celebrating tonight with an Irish Espresso Martini!"
The brand's win comes at a great time as they are in the middle of running their istil 38 Collaborators Campaign that has seen them partnering with other female led Irish businesses. Special istil 38 promotions are being run by Alison Kealy of the LVA in her family's bar, Kealy's and in Gourmet Food Parlour and GourmetGifts.ie which is run by Lorraine Heskin.
Judging of this year’s awards took place earlier this Summer across the country. Organisers, Celtic Whiskey of Celtic Whiskey Shop on Dawson Street, hosted several blind tastings in Dublin’s Three Storey Bar on Stephen’s Green and coordinated tastings throughout Ireland with members of the Celtic Whiskey Club, Irish Whiskey Society — Dublin and Dingle, Cork Whiskey Society, Waterford Whiskey Society, Kilkenny Whiskey Guild, Ennis Whiskey Club, 1875 Whiskey Club, Carlow Whiskey Society and Belfast Whiskey Club. All results have been audited and verified by William Lavelle from the Irish Whiskey Association.
This year’s awards also saw the return of the White Spirits and Whiskey Liqueurs categories for which a selected panel of local bar staff, mixologists and industry experts blind tasted and scored Irish Gins, Poitíns, Vodkas, Cream Liqueurs, Whiskey Liqueurs and Other Irish Spirits.
About istil 38
- istil 38 is produced in Meath with grain spirit in a 500 litre copper pot still.
- it is owned by Sugarloaf Beverages, a company composed of drinks industry veterans and lifestyle businesswoman Pippa O'Connor Ormond.
- the ABV is 38%
- 5c from each bottle sold in Ireland will go towards Hometree for planting native Irish trees.
- RRP is €35
- Available nationwide to the on-trade from distributors such as Classic Drinks, Comans, Gleeson, JJ Mahon’s, J&C Kenny, Barry Fitzwilliam, GH Lett’s and Dublin Airport Slattery’s. It can be picked up in all independent off-licences, O’Brien’s, Molloy's and Dunnes stores & The Loop Duty Free at Dublin Airport.
- It is also available online with home delivery from www.istil38.com/shop/
For more information on istil 38 visit istil38.com
Slán go fóill.