Make a school packed lunch for just 84c with Aldi
If you’re looking for great quality and affordable lunch box items for your kids returning to school after Easter, look no further than Aldi, where the latest Amazing Grocery 6 offers see savings of up to 54% on some items you won’t want to miss!!
These offers are available in 145 Aldi stores nationwide from 7th – 20th April.
On sale exclusively in store now, these packed-with-goodness products are ideal lunch box fillers for those busy school days. These amazing offers from Aldi mean you can make a packed lunch for your child which includes a ham and cheese sandwich, rice cake bar and water all in a handy paper lunch bag for just 84c!*
X2 Slices Cheese €0.14
X2 Slices of Bread €0.08
X1 Rice Cake Bar €0.14
X1 Lunch Bag €0.03
X1 Water €0.15
X2 Slices of Ham €0.30
* Price captures individuals servings based on Aldi’s Grocery 6 offering available from 07/04/21 to 20/04/21
Ardagh Lighter Sliced Irish Mild Red Cheese
€0.69/200g (Was €1.49) – Save 54%
• Ballymore Crust White Family Pan €0.69 (Was €0.99) – Save 30%
Harvest Morn Milk Chocolate Rice Cake Bars
€0.69 (Was €0.99) – Save 30%
50 Pack Paper Lunch Bags
€1.49 (Was €1.99) – Save 25%
Kids Still Water 10 x 250ml
€1.49 (Was €2.79) – Save 47%
Brannan’s Deli Style Crumbed Ham €1.49 (Was €2.29) – Save 35%
While it can be difficult to dedicate time to recreating healthy lunches, meals and snacks for children heading back to school, this milestone is the perfect opportunity to re-establish healthy lifestyle habits for all the family. To make things a little easier, here are five easy steps1to creating a healthy lunchbox:
• Pick a protein– Something like deli meat, tuna, cheese, chicken, eggs and plant proteins such as beans, peas, lentils and chickpeas.
• Pick a carbohydrate– We love sandwiches, so they’re always a winner. Mix it up with wholegrain crackers, pitta breads, bagels, wraps, rice and pasta salads.
• Pick a vegetable– Classics include carrots, celery, green beans and cherry tomatoes. Pair with houmous, salsa or guacamole.
• Pick a fruit- As well as offering nutrition, fruit also rehydrates and fulfils that sweet craving which is important. Choose from grab-and-go favourites such as apples, oranges, bananas or grapes!
• Pick an extra– Whilst chocolate and crisps are out in schools, choose something like coated rice cakes, air-popped popcorn, mixed unsalted nuts or dried fruit.
Why not try Aldi’s Tuna and Houmous Wrap and pop it into their lunchbox. It’s full of flavour and nutrition, just the thing for tiny tums!
Tuna and Houmous Wraps
Prep time:10 minutes
Cooking time:8 minutes
• 4 Village Bakery Tortilla Wraps
• 200g The Deli Reduced Fat Houmous
• 185g tin The Fishmonger Tuna Chunks in Brine
• ¼ Nature’s Pick Cucumber
• 140g Nature’s Pick Cherry tomatoes
• 60g Country Fresh Baby Spinach
• Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4
• Wrap the tortillas in some tin foil. Put in the oven to warm through for 5 mins. Meanwhile shred the cucumber. Drain the tuna. Dice the cherry tomatoes.
• Take the warmed tortillas out of the oven and put them on a work surface. Divide the houmous between the four tortillas and spread over them. Divide the cucumber by four and sprinkle over them. Do the same with the tomatoes and tuna. Finally top with the spinach.
• Roll each tortilla over one turn, then fold in the sides and roll up fully. Do the same with the others. Pop back in the oven uncovered for about 3 minutes and then serve.
• You can also make this with cold wraps, perfect for their lunchbox!
For more recipes log on to www.aldi.ie/c/recipes
Slán go fóill,