Slow Cooker Beef Stew | Recipe
Perfect for warming up the colder evenings! This Slow cooked beef stew is an easy to put together, no fuss, meal to warm you up on any cold day. Inexpensive to put togother and the use of the slow cooker means you can throw it on in 15mins and not have to worry about it for another 6hrs.
Preparation time: 10/15mins
Cooking time: 6hrs
Serves: 2-3 (for more servings, double the content)
• 2lbs diced beef/stew meat chunks.
• 2tbsp plain flour.
• 2 carrots, peeled & chopped into 'coins'.
• 3 potatoes, peeled & chopped into quarters/fifths.
• 1 peeled, whole, onion.
• 1 handful of frozen peas
• 1 clove of minced garlic (1 tea spoon).
• 2tbsp tomato puree.
• 2 beef stock cubes.
• 1 litre boiling water.
• Grounded black pepper.
• Brown the beef in a pan, no oil or spray needed.
• Once browned, add the flour and garlic. Mix until all the meat is coated.
• Sprinkle with black pepper.
Then, in a slow cooker..
• Pour in the boiling water.
• Add the beef stock, and stir until mostly dissolved.
• Add in the covered beef from the pan.
• Add carrots, potatoes, puree and whole onion.
• Cover with lid and leave to cook for 6hrs.
• Remove the whole onion before serving.