Spice It Up with Schwartz at Dinnertime with 3 Simple Flavourful Recipes
Cold winter weather calls for cosy comfort food, but nobody wants to spend hours cooking over the stove after a busy day. Schwartz seasonings offer the perfect solution for tasty-mid week meals and delicious family feasts in a flash.
With over 100 years of sourcing experience, Schwartz products are of the highest quality and flavour, giving meals the best taste straight from the cupboard. From interesting combinations like Crushed Jalapeno and Garlic Granules to one-jar-wonders like Southern Fried Chicken Seasoning, Schwartz has a flavour-maker for every dish.
Whether prepping meals mid-week or impressing friends at the weekend, it’s easy to #SpiceItUp using just one or two Schwartz spices and seasonings. With just 5 to 10 minutes of prep time, these simple and sumptuous dishes from Schwartz are real crowd-pleasers and the perfect dinnertime delights for busy households.
#SpiceItUp with these 3 simple Dinnertime Dishes from Schwartz:
Southern Fried Chicken with Slaw
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
• 2 tablespoons Schwartz Southern Fried Chicken Seasoning
• 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
• 8 chicken drumsticks
• 2 corn cobs, husks removed
• 25 grams mayonnaise
• 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
• 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
• 1/2 teaspoon each, salt and pepper
• 175 grams shredded cabbage
• 1/2 carrot, shredded
• 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
• Preheat oven to 180˚C, 350°F, Gas Mark 4.
• Mix the Southern Fried Seasoning with the oil in a large bowl. Add the chicken drumsticks and coat well.
• Place the chicken drumsticks onto a baking tray, and cook for 45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
• Meanwhile, cook the corn in boiling salted water for 5-6 minutes or until tender.
• Whisk together the mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper.
• Toss the cabbage, carrots, and spring onions with dressing until well coated.
• Serve the chicken with the slaw and corn.
Steak and Seasoned Chips
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
• 4 x 225g (8oz) rump steaks
• 4 x teaspoons Schwartz Steak Seasoning
• Chunky Chips to Serve
• Schwartz Classic Chip Seasoning, to season
• Place the steaks on a chopping board and sprinkle over the Steak seasoning. • Pat well into the steaks and leave for 2 minutes.
• Cook the steaks under the grill or in a griddle pan for 2 minutes on each side for rare, 4 minutes each side for medium, or 6 minutes each side for well done.
• Meanwhile, cook your favourite choice of chunky chips in the oven.
• Sprinkle with Classic Chip seasoning and serve with the steak and roasted cherry tomatoes.
Chicken Gyros Wrap with Tzatziki
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
• 1 tablespoon Schwartz Kebab Seasoning
• 175 millilitres (6 ounces) Greek yogurt
• 1 tablespoon oil
• 2 chicken breasts, butterflied
• 1/2 cucumber, seeds removed and grated
• 1 garlic clove, crushed
• 1/2 teaspoon Schwartz Mint Herb
• 2 thick wraps
• Handful lettuce, shredded.
• 1/4 red onion, sliced
• 1 tomato, sliced
• 50 grams (2 ounces) feta, crumbled
• Pre-heat the oven to 220°C, 425°F, Gas Mark 7.
• Combine the Kebab seasoning with half of the yogurt and the oil, add the chicken and turn to coat.
• Place onto a non-stick baking tray and cook for 15 mins, or until cooked through and slightly browned, rest then slice.
• Meanwhile, make the Tzatziki sauce by squeezing any excess liquid from the cucumber and combining with the remaining yogurt, garlic, and mint.
• Heat the wraps for a few seconds in the oven or under the grill then spread with the Tzatziki, load with the lettuce, onion, and tomato, and layer the chicken on top.
• Crumble over the feta to finish, roll the wrap over, serve with crispy fries and enjoy your very own Greek meal.
#SpiceItUp with Schwartz - Seasoning Saviours:
• SCH Chilli Jalapeno Crushed 25g
• SCH Kebab Seasoning 52g
• SCH Ras al Hanout 38g
• SCH Chip Seasoning 55g
• SCH Southern Fried Chicken Seasoning Jar 55g
• SCH New York Buffalo Seasoning Jar 50g
• SCH NEW Garlic Grans Jar 50g
• SCH Garlic Powder 50g
Schwartz seasonings are available from supermarkets nationwide.
Slán go fóill.