As mentioned before, this week marks National Fish Week (15th – 21st February)
Having had a recent revival by celebrity cook, Nigella Lawson, Donegal Catch Fish Fingers are versatile, easy to cook and something for all the family to enjoy!
Try out this delicious Fish Finger Sandwich recipe with Donegal Catch, the perfect working from home lunchtime treat or a quick and easy tea time recipe for all the family to enjoy!
Donegal Catch Fish Finger Sandwich
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
• 6 Donegal Catch fish fingers
• 4 slices white of your favourite bread
• 3-4 Little Gem leaves, shredded
• 2 gherkins, sliced finely (optional)
• about 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
For the tartare sauce
• 2 tbsp mayonnaise
• 2 tsp capers, drained and chopped
• 2 tsp finely chopped cocktail or regular gherkins
• 2 tsp finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
• zest and juice of ¼ lemon
• Pre-heat Oven 220oC or Fan 200 oC. Place fish fingers on a pre-heated backing tray on centre shelf, turning once, for 12-14 mins. For grill, pre-heat grill to a medium heat, turning occasionally for 10 mins.
• Mix the tartare sauce ingredients together and season with salt and pepper.
• Butter the bread then spoon the tartare sauce onto two slices. Top with shredded lettuce, the fish fingers, sliced gherkins and a squeeze of tomato ketchup. Add the buttered bread slices on top and serve straight away.
Slán go fóill,