New year, new you? As January kicked off, many of us embraced a health-conscious mindset, seeking fresh starts and healthier eating choices.
Fortunately, ALDI is right there with you, offering the best-value in both fresh and frozen vegetables allowing you to create wholesome, home-cooked meals without compromising your budget or nutritional value.
Dive into a world of freshness with ALDI's wide array of vibrant and versatile vegetables, available in 161 ALDI stores nationwide.
Let's ground ourselves in the essence of freshness with Egan's Irish Baby Mushrooms €0.85 (150g), locally grown and perfect for enhancing the flavour of your salads, omelettes, or sides.
Why not swap out the butter for Nature's Pick Hass Avocado Ready To Eat €0.99, which provides the creamy goodness of ripe avocados, rich in heart-healthy monounsaturated fats. If you love a bit of colour on your plate, the vibrant Nature's Pick Mixed Peppers 3 Pack €1.89, not only adds a splash to your dish but also brings essential vitamins and antioxidants to the table. What more could you ask for?
ALDI’s fresh produce section is a haven for those looking to add a burst of flavour and nutrition to their meals. Don’t miss the nutrient-packed Nature's Pick Cauliflower €1.69, a versatile addition to your well-balanced diet and conveniently in season this January. Similarly, let’s not forget about the perfect companion to every Irish dish, Egan's Irish Maris Piper Potatoes €5.79 (4kg) - bringing a traditional, homegrown taste to your table.
ALDI's super savings tip: Minimise waste and maximise savings by freezing leftover veggies. Chop and pop them in a ziploc bag before placing them in the freezer – a simple storage hack that will save you money and reduce food waste!
Speaking of frozen! For those navigating busy schedules, ALDI's frozen section provides a game-changing solution. Did you know, freezing produce at its peak ripeness preserves nutrients, delivering the maximum nutritional value to your table? So why not experience the simplicity and nutrition of Four Seasons Petits Pois €0.99 (700g), providing small, sweet peas perfect for soups, stews, or a delightful side. On the topic of greens, are you on that juice buzz?
Add a nutrient boost to your next juice or smoothie with Four Seasons Kale €1.19 (750g), packed with vitamins A, C, and K.
Simplify your cooking routine with the Four Seasons Vegetable Stir Fry Mix €1.39 (750g), offering a colourful array for quick, healthy stir-fries, pasta dishes, or even cottage pies. Are you cutting back on the carbs this January?
Introduce a low-carb alternative to your meals with Four Seasons Frozen Cauliflower Rice €1.39 (400g), a versatile base for various dishes. Explore the convenience and budget-friendly options in our frozen aisle, ensuring you don't miss out on the nutritional benefits of fresh produce even when time is tight.
To celebrate ALDI’s value-packed fresh and frozen veggies, here is a simple vegetarian recipe for you to try at home.
See below how to make a Sweet n’ Sour Vegetable Cashew Nut Stir Fry, featuring the Four Seasons Vegetable Stir Fry Mix.
Sweet n’ Sour Vegetable Cashew Nut Stir Fry
• 100g Asia Specialities Medium Egg Noodles €0.85
• 2 tbsp Asia Specialities Soy Sauce €0.89
• 200g tin Four Seasons Pineapple Chunks in natural juice €1.19
• ALDI’s Four Seasons Vegetable Stir Fry Mix €1.39
• 1 tbsp Grandessa 100% Pure Squeezy Honey €1.69
• 50g The Foodie Market Cashew Nuts €1.79
• 1 tbsp Specially Selected Irish Cold Pressed Rapeseed Oil €2.79
• 1 tbsp Grandessa 100% Pure Squeezy Honey €1.69
1. Place the noodles in a pan of boiling water and simmer gently for 4-5 minutes or according to packet instructions. Drain well and quickly refresh under cold running water to prevent them from sticking. Keep warm.
2. Heat a wok or frying pan over a medium heat. Tip in the cashew nuts and cook until evenly toasted, tossing them regularly to ensure they do not burn. Tip the cashews on to a chopping board and leave to cool a little, then roughly chop. Set aside until needed.
3. Reheat the wok over a medium heat and add the oil, swirling up the sides. Add the onion and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until softened, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon. Add in ALDI’s Four Seasons Vegetable Stir Fry Mix.
4. Drizzle over the honey and soy sauce and cook for 1-2 minutes, tossing until everything is evenly coated. Drain the pineapple – you need 140g of chunks in total and then stir into the pan and continue to cook until piping hot.
5. Divide the noodles between plates and spoon the sweet and sour vegetables on top. Scatter over the cashew nuts to serve.
6. The sweet and sour vegetables can be made in advance and put an airtight container in the fridge within 2 hours of cooking for up to 3 days. Only reheat once in the microwave or in a saucepan over a gentle heat to serve with freshly cooked noodles.
ALDI continues to be at the forefront of providing accessible, affordable, and flavourful vegetables for households and families across Ireland. Explore the diverse range of fresh and frozen options available at your nearest ALDI store and make every meal a celebration of good health and great taste. For more information and amazing veggie recipes, visit www.aldi.ie/c/recipes
See below for a full list of fresh and frozen vegetable products available in 161 ALDI stores nationwide now:
• Nature's Pick Cucumber, Each €0.75
• Egan's Irish Baby Mushrooms €0.85 (150g)
• Four Seasons Very Fine Whole Green Beans €0.89 (970g)
• Nature's Pick Hass Avocado Ready To Eat, Each €0.99
• Four Seasons Petits Pois €0.99 (700g)
• Four Seasons Supersweet Sweetcorn €1.09 (1kg)
• Nature's Pick Carrots €1.15 (1kg)
• Four Seasons Kale €1.19 (750g)
• Four Seasons Baby Carrots €1.29 (907g)
• Four Seasons Vegetable Stir Fry Mix €1.39 (750g)
• Four Seasons Frozen Cauliflower Rice €1.39 (400g)
• Nature's Pick Broccoli Crown €1.49 (350g)
• Nature's Pick Cauliflower €1.69
• Egan's Irish Leeks €1.69 (500g)
• Specially Selected Extra Fine Bean €1.79 (220g)
• Specially Selected Brussels Sprouts With Bacon, Maple Flavour Glaze & Butter €1.79 (400g)
• Nature's Pick Mixed Peppers 3 Pack €1.89
• Egan's Irish Maris Piper Potatoes €5.79 (4kg)
Available in 161 ALDI stores nationwide.
Slán go fóill.