You’ll be amazed by the quality and value you’ll find at Aldi this Valentine’s Day!
Impress the special person in your life this year with a delicious home cooked meal using the below recipe from Aldi.
We’re all going to be at home this February 14th, so what better way to celebrate than showing off your culinary skills to the one you love!
Valentine’s Day Heart Pizza Serves: 2 people Prep time: 25 minutes Cooking time: 30 minutes
• 760g The Pantry Strong White Plain Flour
• 2 x 7g sachets The Pantry Dried Yeast
• 2 tsp Stonemill Salt
• 2 tsp The Pantry Caster Sugar
• 40ml Solesta Olive Oil
• 500ml Warm Water
• Cucina Passata
• ½ Nature’s Pick Red Pepper
• 210g Specially Selected Irish Buffalo Mozzarella Cheese
• 40g Deli Continental Serrano Ham
• 10g The Deli Black Olives
• Stonemill Sea Salt and Stonemill Black Pepper
• A few fresh Nature’s Pick Basil Leaves to decorate
1. Pre-heat the oven at 200°C
2. Put the flour, salt, caster sugar and dried yeast into a large bowl and whisk well. Add warm water and olive oil and mix.
3. Turn out the dough onto a floured board and knead until it’s smooth and elastic.
4. Cut the dough into 2 pieces, roll out and shape into love hearts.
5. Put onto greased baking sheets.
6. Drain the mozzarella cheese and slice. Slice the red pepper, discarding any seeds.
7. Gently spread over the passata. Top with the sliced mozzarella cheese, red pepper, Serrano ham and the black olives
8. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes at 200°C until the base is crisp around the edges and the mozzarella has melted
9. Serve topped with the basil leaves
Not to worry if you have not mastered the art of baking over the last year, why not serve up Aldi’s Pizza Sorrento Fresh Pizza Bases €2.99. Simply prepare your pizza base with the passata and toppings, pre heat your oven to gas 280°C and cook for 12 minutes or electric 250°C and cook for 8 minutes. It’s that easy!
If you're looking for a tasty dessert to follow, try out this Giant Sharing Cookie
The above ingredients are all available in 145 Aldi stores nationwide now.
Slán go fóill,