LIDL Ireland Celebrates International Prosecco Day with Fabulous Fruity Cocktails
To celebrate International Prosecco Day, taking place on Saturday, 13th August 2022, Lidl Ireland has created two refreshing cocktails perfect for enjoying in the summer sun. Choose between the fabulously fun and fruity Orange & Lemon Frosé or a zesty Apple Sangria, these easy to make cocktails using Lidl’s top-rated prosecco are the ideal beverage to quench your thirst while raising a glass to the sparkly delight on its day of celebration.
Perfect for sharing, the zesty Apple Sangria can be prepared in advance as its flavours develop more over time. A refreshing combination of apple and white wine are lifted with the Valdobbiadene Superiore Prosecco, (€12.99) it’s fruity tones of pear and apple never disappoint, always creating a light, tangy flavour that is easy to drink and that will have guests asking for more. Served in a pitcher this cocktail is ideal for sharing at a garden party, BBQ or dining alfresco.
Lidl’s Orange & Lemon Frosé is an invigorating colourful blend of a fabulous vintage Prosecco Spumante Rosé Millesima, (€12.99) that has a fruity strawberry taste, combined with fresh oranges, lemons and topped with a generous dash of Lidl’s Bitterol Spritz (€5.99). Serve as an after dinner treat or enjoy while cooling off on a hot summer’s day this cool summery citrus blend is sure to be a hit.
Lidl stores nationwide have a variety of highly rated Prosecco available all year round. New this summer, Lidl stores are now offering an Organic Prosecco at just €13.99.
Join in the fun and celebrate International Prosecco Day this August. Whether you are hosting a garden party, a pre-dinner refreshment, an afternoon drink, or maybe just having some friends over, these recipes will definitely impress your guests. Here is what you will need to recreate these flavoursome cocktails.
Zesty Apple Sangria
• 1 bottle of Pinot Grigio, chilled [Suggested Pinot Grigio Delle]
• Venezia €7.10 / Pinot Grigio Garda €7.49]
• 250ml of Prosecco, chilled [Suggested Valdobbiadene Extra
• Dry Prosecco Superiore €12.99]
• 1 red apple
• 1 granny smith apple
• Bunch grapes, frozen
• Place the Pinot Grigio and Prosecco into the fridge to chill, up to 2-24hrs before serving.
• Remove your grapes from the stalks and place the individual grapes into a freeze-able tray and place in the freezer until frozen through. 5- 24hrs before serving
• Chop the apples into slim slices and place in a large jug.
• Add the full bottle of wine to the same jug.
• Place in the fridge and allow to sit for at least 1-2 hours.
• Add the Prosecco and stir slowly to combine the ingredients.
• Drop in the frozen grapes to keep chilled and serve.
Orange and Lemon Frosé
• 1 bottle of Prosecco Spumante Rosé Millesima
• 2 oranges
• 2 lemons
• 4 spoons of granulated sugar
• 1 shot of Bitterol Spritz per serving
• Pour the bottle of Prosecco into a baking tray place in freezer overnight
• Place peeled oranges, lemon and sugar into a blender and blitz (sweeten to taste)
• Add the frozen Prosecco into the blender and blitz until it is like a slushie
• Add more ice as required, the mixture should be thick with peeks
• Pour the mixture into a long-stemmed wine glass/ martini glass
• Add a shot glass of Bitterol Spritz per glass
• Garnish with lemon and orange zest
Lidl Ireland’s ‘More for you This Summer’ range is available now in all 175 stores throughout Ireland. To keep up to date on the latest instore offers and promotions please visit www.lidl.ie
Slán go fóill.