Recipe: Roast Sweet Potato Quinoa Salad, perfect for World Menopause Day
With World Menopause Day just around the corner, Linwoods Health Foods have put together a delicious Roasted Sweet Potato Quinoa Salad that tantalises the taste buds and nourishes the body.
This salad is the perfect blend of wholesome ingredients. The warm roasted sweet potatoes have a natural sweetness, and add in nutrient-rich quinoa- it’s the most delicious salad ever!
The salad is topped with delicious pomegranate seeds and off course Linwoods Menoligna is the star of the show. Packed with Omega-3 and essential nutrients, it takes this salad to the next level making it not just a delicious choice but a nutritious one too.
World Menopause Day is held every year on the 18th October. The purpose of the day is to raise awareness of the menopause and the support options available for improving health and wellbeing. Menoligna is one such product that supports women’s health during menopause. Menoligna is a plant-based blend of sprouted milled flaxseed and milled chia seeds, containing important vitamins, minerals and added Lignans. It has been specifically developed for women during the menopause stage of life.
Roast Sweet Potato Quinoa Salad
Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Cooking Time - 20 - 30 minutes
Servings - 4
For the Salad
• 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into small chunks• 2 large red bell peppers, diced• 2 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil• 200g kale• ½ cup quinoa (uncooked), approx. 100g• 2 tbsp chopped parsley• 1 pomegranate, arils removed• 2 heaped tbsp toasted pumpkin seeds• 4 tbsp Linwoods Menoligna
For the Dressing
• 1 tsp turmeric• ½ tsp cumin• 1 - 2 tsp Dijon mustard• ½ tsp ground ginger• 60 ml olive oil or avocado oil• 2 tbsp lemon juice• ¼ - ½ tsp salt• ¼ tsp black pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 180C (350F). Place the potatoes and bell pepper on a large tray. I prefer to half them side beside simply so the pepper doesn’t stain the sweet potato as it cooks!
2. Drizzle and toss with 1 tbsp of olive oil or avocado oil. Roast for 30 minutes.
3. You can also cook the veggies in the air fryer for approximately 20 minutes at the same temperature.
4. Meanwhile, rinse the quinoa in a sieve. Then place into a pot with 350ml of water. Bring to the boil and simmer on a very low heat for 15 minutes; all the water should be absorbed.
5. Remove the kale leaves from the stalks and roughly chop. Add it to a large bowl, drizzle with the remaining 1 tbsp of oil and scrunch in your hands for a couple of minutes to soften.
6. Whisk together the salad dressing ingredients in a jug until emulsified. You can also do this using a hand blender.
7. When the veggies are cooked, toss together the ingredients for the salad, or layer them up in bowls and drizzle with the dressing. Serve the Menoligna, seeds and pomegranate on top.
Slán go fóill.