Like free beer? ALDI Ireland is looking for an Official Beer Taster
Calling all beer connoisseurs! Is your fridge constantly stocked with the latest lagers, wheat beers and IPAs?
More importantly, do you like free beer? If you’re tapped into all things craft beer, ALDI wants to hear from you!
ALDI is on the hunt for an Official Beer Taster to review its brand-new range of beers. The successful applicant will receive a curated selection of beers in exchange for brew-tally honest and valuable feedback around each beer’s taste, flavour, and appearance. This feedback will then be used by ALDI to help determine what beers are part of the store’s autumn and winter range.
Have your say! To be in with a chance of landing this coveted gig, budding beer tasters are asked to send an e-mail explaining why they would be perfect for this role, as well as outlining their favourite beer and why.
John Curtin, Group Buying Director at ALDI Ireland, said: “We are looking for someone with a genuine passion for beer to sample and review ALDI’s range of craft beer. Ireland has a rich brewing culture so we cannot wait to hear from beer enthusiasts from across the country. The winner’s feedback will help us curate and grow our range in line with consumer tastes. We’ve seen the price of a pint steadily increase across Ireland over the past number of years and at ALDI we pride ourselves on offering great quality beers, both Irish and international, at a fraction of the price. Very best of luck to all applicants!”
Sound like the job for you? To apply for the Official Beer Taster role, simply send an e-mail to email@example.com with the following details:
1. Your Full Name
2. Proof of age (copy of passport or driving licence)
3. Your social media handles (if applicable)
4. 150-word explanation as to why you should be chosen for the role
5. Availability to participate in photo shoot w/c August 28th 2023
6. Your favourite ALDI beer and why
Hopefuls - or should that be hop-fuls! - have until August 21st to apply for the role. The winner will be notified by August 25th with samples to follow for review.
Further details and terms and conditions can be found at www.aldi.ie/beer-taster-competition.
ALDI is passionate about offering premium, award-winning beer to customers at everyday low prices and is committed to sourcing the finest craft beer from across Ireland. Head to your nearest ALDI to discover the un-beer-lievable selection available in store.
Pop open a can of the award-winning Sailor Sam Hazy IPA €1.99, made exclusively for ALDI by Dundalk Bay Brewery and perfect for hazy summer evenings. Sample a taste of Sligo with Lough Gill Brewery’s light and refreshing Whistle Mountain IPA €1.99.
Enjoy a glass of Roadworks Pale Ale €2.49, a clean, moderately bittered ale with a fresh citrus taste and aromas of melon, lemon, lime and pineapple.
Sit back and savour the full-bodied flavour of Brown Bear Double IPA €2.96.
From August 3rd, customers can pick up Dead Centre Lemon Radler €1.79.
A blend of Irish craft lemonade and craft blonde ale, it’s a delightfully delicious low-alcohol drink that clocks in at just 2.2% ABV - perfect for picnics, festivals, or chilling in the garden! Also available is ALD IPA €1.99, ALDI’s tongue-in-cheek collaboration with Brewdog.
Coming on September 12th is Side Step IPA €2.49. Produced by DOT Brew in Dublin, this one is a bright golden IPA with stone fruit and orange aromas. Juicy, fruity and easy-drinking - what more could you ask for?
Whether you love a light lager or fancy an adventurous IPA, you’re sure to find something to suit your palate in your local ALDI store. See below for a full list of beers available now and arriving in store soon.
Available in 160 ALDI stores nationwide now:
• Galahad 79 €0.99 (500ml) 2.5% ABV. Traditionally brewed French lager with reduced ABV.
• Roadworks Non-Alcoholic IPA €1.59 (500ml) <0.5% ABV.
• Brown Bear Gluten Free Lager €1.99 (500m) 4.1% ABV. Winner of Silver Medal at the FreeFrom Food Awards 2022.
• Sailor Sam Hazy IPA €1.99 (440ml) 5.5% ABV. Brewed by Dundalk Bay Brewery exclusively for ALDI. Winner of Bronze at Irish Quality Food and Drink Awards 2022.
• Whistle Mountain IPA €1.99 (440ml) 5.5% ABV. Mountain Ale from Sligo’s Lough Gill Brewery. Smooth, soft, silky texture with a slight haze and low bitterness.
• Birra Mapelli €2.39 (500ml) 4.6% ABV. Premium Italian lager.
• Armagh Craft Cider Dry €2.49 (500ml) 4.5% ABV. Gold winner at Blas na hÉireann Awards 2022.
• Roadworks Pale Ale €2.49 (500ml) 4.5% ABV. Winner of Silver at World Beer Awards 2020 and Bronze Medal at Global Beer Masters 2020.
• Brown Bear Double IPA €2.96 (500ml) 7.5% ABV. Winner of 2-star Superior Taste Award at the ITI Awards 2021 and Silver at the World Beer Awards 2020.
Available from August 3rd:
• Dead Centre Lemon Radler €1.79 (330ml) 2.2% ABV. Brand new Radler from Dead Centre Brewing in Athlone, Co. Westmeath. A delicious blend of craft Irish lemonade and Irish craft blonde ale.
• ALD IPA €1.99 (330ml) 4.5% ABV. ALDI’s exclusive collaboration with Brewdog.
Available from September 12th:
• Side Step IPA €2.49 (440ml) 5.8% ABV. From Dublin's DOT Brewing. Bright golden IPA with stone fruit and orange aromas.
Visit one of ALDI’s 160 Stores nationwide for more of ALDI's Beer selection.
Slán go fóill.